New Policy Coming
There will be a new policy for new providers credentialing with Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York and providers who are recredentialing with Highmark BCBSWNY. The new policy effective date is August 1, 2022.
Read Chapter 3 of the Highmark Provider Manual on Provider Network Participation for complete policy details.
The links below outline the differences between the previous credentialing policy and the new policy that goes into effect on August 1, 2022.
Providers can enroll in our health plan by completing the Universal Credentialing Application with CAQH, the Council for Affordable Quality Health Care.
How it Works:
Follow this link to access the Universal Provider DataSource
- Under Providers, click 'Go to the Universal Provider Datasource' and login.
- Enter your CAQH Provider ID (if you don't know it, call CAQH at 1-888-599-1771).
- Enter or update your information.
- Authorize Blue Cross Blue Shield WNY to access your information electronically.
Complete the form below and return to the fax number provided.
Providers who are currently credentialed with Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York will not need to recredential until you are normally due to recredential with us. You will need to continue doing this through the usual CAQH process. Once you have attested/updated your information in CAQH, there is nothing else you need to do.
You can always reference the Highmark Affiliation FAQs for more information.
Facility and Ancillary Providers
HMNY Recredentialing Application for Facility and Ancillary Providers
- Facility and Ancillary Providers who have recently received a Facility and Ancillary Recredentialing Announcement letter should use this application to begin the recredentialing process.
Last updated on 2/1/2023 2:16:18 PM